Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Putting the "X" Back in Xmas

Guess who has really kick-ass seats to see "A John Waters Christmas?" Damn right! ME! In their infinite wisdom, the Carolina Theatre sent me a postcard announcing the show with a password for the ticket pre-sale. Vee and I will be just a few rows away from the stage for his sure-to-be-tasteless, sure-to-be-amazing one-man show.

In preparation for the event, I will be rewatching some of my favorite John Waters movies and reading his recent memoir Role Models. I just picked it up from the library yesterday! He has such a lovely and familiar writing style. I want to give him a big hug on behalf of weirdos everywhere! See you in December, John!!

2 comments:

alysha said...

Funny, I read "Role Models" around the same time. Well, actually I listened to the audiobook on my commute. What did you think of it?

Mara said...

Some parts were better than others. I really liked the "Baltimore Heroes" section. Sadly, the art section seemed to drag a bit and was hard to get into - probably because it's hard to write about a specific painting/drawing. His one-man show had a lot of overlap with the book but was totally entertaining nevertheless.